The Grass

Some of my poems... Some of my secrets... Some of my faces... Some of my thoughts I can't discuss with my friends... Some of the memories I cherish... It's all unexplored me... Just LISTEN!

Friday, March 10, 2006

Is this the Time to say Good Bye?


Freshers' Welcome, Farewell, Job Treat... A pretty busy week for Bengal batch. Yes Batch! That's is the word I want to use for the mass involves with me as my mates no matter where I am. In my school days I was called captain of my class. And here it has got a new shape into President. No doubt, it's an honour to me. But the best part is, I'm lucky enough to be a member of a batch throughout my educational career. When I was about to announce our 1st years as the part of our family I paused for a bit. The same thing happened when I was addressing the Juniors in Farewell. I asked myself -- "Is this the time to say Good Bye?"

Well, let me tell you something interesting. I think there is no Good Bye for me. No matter where I am, no matter what I'll be called... 'captain' or 'president' or whatever, I'll be always with the batch! That is where I belong to...

2 Comments:

  • At 2:51 AM, Blogger Abdullah M. Khan said…

    Nice posting Rohon. What is your opinion about ragging? Yesterday, I found myself engaged in a long, consuming debate with some students who attended Cadet Colleges in Bangladesh. As you can imagine, they were both victims (by students from senior batches) and victors (on members of junior batches) of Ragging. They were claiming how positive role the ragging culture played in their psyche and, how it made them what they are today. I was against ragging culture. I said I would have not been able to accept this ragging culture myslef. That is not in my mindset and personality. And, I graduates of a ragging-free institute can also be equaly producitve and as good human beings as the raggers are. What do you think on this issue?

     
  • At 3:17 AM, Blogger Rohon said…

    Abdullah,

    I don't support ragging. Look at me. I had not got any ill treatment or anything from my seniors. But I think I'm sharp enough to make any situation cool. Those who support ragging often tell that it makes us smart. Believe me, I didn't need any "smartness meditation" through ragging to get 2 job offers during my campus placement. Some people say it makes senior-junior interaction more cozy. But I've maintained it without any ragging. Still now my seniors call me and mail me frequently. My juniors and mates know me as "President". And they all know, I don't support ragging.

    I wrote all this not to say how smart I'm. What I'm trying to say is ONLY ATTITUDE MATTERS for what are you going to do or what you will be. If somebody believe that ragging has made him complete, then he is lost. May be he has become rougher and chain-smoker after a thorough course of ragging. That's why he may think he has become practical and smart but I don't think so. Those who support ragging, I think they are sick. They do it only to maintain some dumb traditions, noting more than that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home