The Grass

Some of my poems... Some of my secrets... Some of my faces... Some of my thoughts I can't discuss with my friends... Some of the memories I cherish... It's all unexplored me... Just LISTEN!

Sunday, August 20, 2006

SuperHeroes...

Well! The hangover is over finally. But During Spiderman 2 last Saturday, I was thinking of C-LIFE session taken by Mr. Arun Nayar other day. Arun was talking about honesty and cheating in exam hall. A number of student was supporting the cheating and copying at exam hall. And honestly I was enjoying those words, especially one from a Punjabi guy. Suddenly, one guy stood up and started saying like "One engineer named Dubey was killed in Bihar for protesting against contractor mafias. So why should we stick to something which can take our lives? And all those who has sacrificed their lives for truth like GandhiJi are forgotten heroes." Good advocating for dishonesty! But few things were come to my mind at that time.1. Virappan was also killed as result of his misdeeds. Hundred of them died every year in encounter with police. 2. GandhiJi is not a forgotten hero, at least not to me.3. Are we only here to make a queue in front of ATM machine and pick up our salary?It's really painful to learn that being a member of the most promising generation of this country one young Indian can think like that. I'm not saying to dedicate your life like RDB heroes. But still why should we not protest against what is not right? Mr. Dubey sacrificed his life to prove that we can stand against dishonesty and corruption. But if we take his life as an excuse for being a boneless corporate then it's a shame for our entire nation. Going back to the starting of this entry. Remember where Aunt May was saying "And Lord knows, kids like Henry need a hero. Courageous, self-sacrificing people... setting examples for all of us. Everybody loves a hero. People line up for them. Cheer them. Scream their names. And years later, they'll tell how they stood in the rain for hours... just to get a glimpse of the one... who taught them to hold on a second longer. I believe there's a hero in all of us... that keeps us honest... gives us strength... makes us noble... and finally allows us to die with pride. Even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. Spider-Man did that for Henry and he wonders where he's gone. He needs him."Arun also told like that -- we need a Super Hero, an example to follow. I was wondering can't I myself be the one... an ordinary me... can't I be a super hero raising my voice and deeds among all the odds?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home